Hall of Fame Criteria
2) The World Outdoor Racquetball Hall of Fame “WORHOF” shall select only those unique outdoor candidates who have shown outstanding athletic performance; significant contributions or innovations or leadership over time. Whether they excelled in Pro divisions or amateurs, age groups or juniors, singles or doubles-- all notable performances will be considered. WORHOF will also consider “hybrid” candidates who have excelled in two or more areas (i.e. both in competitions and contributions). WORHOF will not show any preference to a candidate’s geographic location and will treat all types of outdoor racquetball equally (e.g. 1-wall, 3-wall, short-wall or long-wall, singles, doubles or mixed etc).
3) A deserving professional athlete may be inducted once they reach the age of 50; or if they are retired from professional outdoor racquetball competition, or if they are nominated 25 years after they first started playing outdoor racquetball professionally, or for any special circumstances as decided by WORHOF.
• For all National level outdoor tournament events where nominees made it to the semifinals or higher, please provide the name, year, and location of the event, along with all divisions where they made it to the semifinals or higher. Please include Singles, Doubles, Mixed, Pro, Open and Age Groups. For doubles divisions, please also include partner's names along with the opponents in the semis or finals.
• Be sure you focus your nomination efforts on major contributions to the sport of outdoor racquetball and/or major national finishes. Please also list any additional major accomplishments, contributions or significant tournaments the candidate has been involved with. Incomplete applications will be returned and reviewed once the necessary changes have been made.
10) By February of each year, the WORHOF Committee will discuss and determine the final list of candidates and then create a final ballot of qualified candidates. Then, by March 31st of each year, WORHOF committee members will vote on the approved list of candidates. The WORHOF committee will tabulate the WORHOF membership votes and announce its selection to the public. An inductee may choose to be inducted at any Level 4 or 5 WOR tournament of their choice. Play stops and the candidate is inducted "outdoor style" on a show court. The inductee has the option to choose someone to introduce them in a short speech followed by a short speech from the inductee.
12) The WORHOF committee also reserves to right to select any number of candidates for vote at any time. All candidates and nominees will be notified as to the application's status by the WOR Chairman. The WORHOF committee will usually only allow any candidate to be submitted just one time unless the candidate continues to excel in a way that substantially alters their past application. Our goal is to review each application correctly the first time so that all outstanding candidates are inducted on their first and only attempt. On occasion, when numerous qualified candidates are submitted in the same year, our committee will ”hold over” the application to the following year(s) for equal consideration. Applicants and nominees are notified.
14) The WORHOF committee can make changes to the Hall of Fame Criteria as needed at any time with a two-thirds (2/3) vote provided that the general guidelines listed above relating to the committee membership remain. Any other changes to the specific qualifications listed here for the selection of WORHOF candidates will require a 2/3 majority vote and that vote shall be done exclusively by WORHOF committee members. A 2/3 vote for any item listed in this paragraph or document shall be defined as a vote percentage of those actual members who cast ballots.
15) Before submitting your application, we ask that you please carefully review our current hall of fame inductees biographies to see how to properly list and format each candidates’ racquetball accomplishments and top tournament wins by year, the opponents and doubles partners in the semis and finals and in the proper format we require. Your review will also give you a true idea if the candidate is of the caliber that our committee is looking for-- essentially the greatest players and contributors over time. Each inductees bio is listed at http://www.worldoutdoorracquetball.net/worhof/inductees/ and we ask that you use this format in putting together your application. Without details similar to those of our current candidate’s bios, we will not be able to move forward with the application. Incomplete applications are returned without a vote. Please be as thorough and detailed as you can so WORHOF can process your nomination as complete.
On behalf of WORHOF, we sincerely welcome and appreciate your input and feedback and will objectively review all applications. Please send your completed World Outdoor Racquetball Hall of Fame application at any time via these delivery methods:
Thank you for your interest in the World Outdoor Racquetball Hall of Fame Criteria For the World Outdoor Racquetball Hall of Fame.